[cisco-voip] Re: Advice on CCM3 to CCM4 Migration please

Mike Armstrong mfa at crec.ifas.ufl.edu
Tue Jan 25 09:39:31 EST 2005

I'm sure this is not the advice you want, but we recently converted
3.3(3)->4.0(2a)->4.1(2) in one swell foop with minor issues only (See Digest
22/78).  We only have 226 phones, but I think one thing the CCM does do well
is scale.  Until we're able to build a satisfactory
testing/staging/converting platform, our upgrade strategy will be to just do
a normal upgrade of the production environment.  One risk might be that a
phone s/w upgrade might have to be rolled back, which might require some
contingency planning if that couldn't be done for some reason (e.g.,
signed->unsigned loads).

mike