[cisco-voip] FXS configuration - Help Needed

Amarnath Gutta amar.gutta at vsnl.co.in
Fri Jan 28 10:54:06 EST 2005

Dear All,

I am trying to setup calling from and to FXS ports, one end is FXS gateway and other is Cisco router with FXS.

Phone ----------FXS gateway -------<WAN>----------Router (FXS)-----Phone

I am able to dial from The FXS gateway to the Router but from router I am not able to dial the phone on the FXS gateway. As I see, the call is not coming to the FXS gateway itself from the logs, so it has to be some configuration issue at the Router. Please advise what to check. I have already checked IP connectivity and it is working.

Relevant config is pasted below;

!
voice-port 3/0/1    ///FXS Port config////
 timeouts call-disconnect 3
 connection plar 2001
 bearer-cap Speech
 caller-id enable
!
!
dial-peer voice 2200 voip  /// Dial peer for the FXS gateway////
 destination-pattern 2200
 session target ipv4:109.10.37.128
!
dial-peer voice 2000 pots ///Dial peer for calls from FXS to Router////
 destination-pattern 2001
 port 3/0/1
 forward-digits all
!

Regards,

Amarnath Gutta
Asst. Manager- Projects (Customer Services)
LSVB, Mumbai
Ph: 022 - 5659 1486
Mobile: 92232 76125
Fax: 022 -5659 1442