[cisco-voip] Cisco 3800, PRI, Digital Modems

Eric Knudson ericknudson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:53:56 EST 2005

Tony,

If I remember correctly, you're not going to be able to hand off a
call to your MICAs using those T1s - I believe they're voice only. You
may need to go with an NM-1CT1 (or equivalent). The only boxes that'll
handle both voip and modem calls on the same hardware are nextport
platforms (AS5350, etc..).

If you've got a pri configured, can you configure "isdn incoming-voice
data," or only "isdn incoming-voice voice?" I think that would be a
sign that you're not going to be able to use the MICAs with those T1s.

Eric