[cisco-voip] Cisco 3800, PRI, Digital Modems

Tony Kava ciscovoip at pottcounty.com
Fri Jan 28 13:48:08 EST 2005

Greetings:

I have just installed a Cisco 3825 router with a dual channelized T1 module
and a digital modem network module populated for 6 modems (MICA-6DM).  I've
configured the router to use a new T1 PRI circuit, and I'm able to
successfully route calls to and from the PSTN using Asterisk on Linux as a
SIP proxy for a Cisco 7960 IP phone.

Now I'm trying to configure the digital modems to answer modem calls.  I
have gone through a number of examples on Cisco's site, and I've read most
of their pages on the subject.  I have found a great deal of information
related to configuring the modems and their respective lines as well as
using modem pass-through to another router.  Unfortunately I have been
unable to make them answer a call.

Is there a way to setup a dial-peer to direct calls to a digital modem? Is
there anyone out there who operates a router with a similar setup? I would
be interested to see a working config for dial-in access directly into the
router.  I would provide my config, but in my frustration I have already
removed all modem-related settings so that I can start from scratch.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

--
Tony Kava