[cisco-voip] CMM Module SNMP IF-MIB IfOperStatus help

Erick B. erickbe at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 21:42:26 EST 2005

Does anyone have a CMM module in a 6500 on something
newer then 12.3(8)XY IOS, that they can run the below
SNMP query against it for me? The current IOS is
12.3(8)XY3.

snmpwalk -v1 -c (community string) x.x.x.x
1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8

where x.x.x.x is IP address of CMM with whatever
string you have set.

I am having issue w/12.3(8)XY and the IfOperStatus for
the Controller T1s is reporting back as "Unknown" (4)
instead of "up" (1) when they are up.  I did a debug
snmp packet on the module and the IOS is returning a
value of 4 which is "Unknown" so looks like IOS issue.
I have done many bug toolkit searches and read release
notes of newer versions and don't see this issue
mentioned/fixed.

I just want to see if someone else w/newer IOS has
same results or good results for a T1 controllers in a
UP state. I don't want to throw IOS at it to see if it
fixes problem since this is core of customers network.

Thanks in advance.