[cisco-voip] Re: Callmanager Maximum Active Calls

Kevin Thorngren kevint at cisco.com
Mon Jan 31 08:00:48 EST 2005

Hi Ryan,

I have not seen the message "Maximum Active calls reached" in a
CallManager event log before.  The "requested circuit unavailable"
disconnect cause is many times the result of a glare condition where an
outbound call from CCM and an inbound call form the PBX are setup using
the same channel.   To avoid this we recommend setting the channel
order in CallManager opposite of the PBX, ie, Bottom Up.  The "recovery
on timer expiry" is due to one of the media setup timers expiring.  We
see this issue many times when the destination is a cell phone.  We
would have to see where you are in the call setup to determine the
timer.  The timers are found under CCMAdmin > Service > Service
Parameters > Publisher > Cisco CallManager.  If you have detailed
SDL/CCM traces running then you should see the timer that expires, ie,
the T3XX timers.

Your problem description bring to mind  a couple of defects that I have
seen in the past with older CallManager versions might be affecting
you:
CSCea69109 - Call_Proceeding not mapped when received on a Route List
This is an issue where, when using Route Lists, there is a problem with
CallManager not mapping the Call Proceeding messages.  The workaround
is to point the Route Pattern directly to the GW instead of using a
Route List.

CSCdx41500 - CM should not respond with Restart when cause=channel not
available
Depending on your configuration, this could cause the B-Channels to
become locked up.

These two defects may or may not be your issue, Detailed CCM and
SDL/CCM traces will help to determine this.  Please feel free to open a
TAC case to have the traces reviewed.

Kevin