[cisco-voip] CCM and QOS

Ronald Heitmann ronald.heitmann at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 10:38:24 EDT 2005

Hi Danny,

the displayed "queuing type: fifo" has no relevance, since the
Catalyst-Switch(es) use hardware-based forwarding/queuing with WRR- or
SRR-strategy. You're config should work fine, if "mls qos" is enabled
globally!
Choosing another software-queuing strategy (fair-queue,
priority-queuing, custom-queuing, llq, etc.) will have no effect since
there is no software-queuing in these boxes. It seems like cisco has
forgotten to remove some cli-stuff while porting the ios-code from the
router platform.

Regards,
//Ronald