[cisco-voip] CCM Shared Lines Questions

Serg c719562 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:07:27 EDT 2005

Hi All,
          I am currently using CCM 4.0(2a)SR2a  and a few users have
requested shared lines.  The majority of users are quite happy with
the "behaviour" of the shared lines but others have requested some
modifications which I'm a not sure if these can be handled "natively"
using Shared Lines.

The requirements are as follows:

1-	Shared Line to appear on Two Phones (Phone 1 and Phone 2)
2-	Shared Line to ring on Phone 1 but only Flash on Phone 2
3-	Shared Line to be "Primary Line" on Phone 1 and "Secondary Line" on Phone 2
4-	On Phone 2, if Shared Line is Ringing/Flashing, the user does NOT
want Phone 2 to answer the call if he/she picks up the handset.
He/She wants to pick up the handset and then press the button on which
the Shared Line appears to pick up the call.
5-	Missed Calls History for Shared Line not to appear on Phone 2.

Requirements (1) and (2) are pretty easy to achieve but I haven't
found an easy way to configure (3) to (5).

For requirement (4), you could almost achieve this by using a Pickup
Group.  However, the user has already highlighted that this is
unsatisfactory due to the fact that he/she still wants to have the
Visual Signal (Flashing) on Phone 2 and not just rely on the audible
signals.

Your help would be much appreciated,

Sergio Aguilera