[cisco-voip] CRA and CTI Port Groups

Kevin Thorngren kthorngr at cisco.com
Mon Jul 18 20:51:03 EDT 2005

Hi Paul,

You shouldn't perform any forwarding with the CTI Ports.  The CTI
application is controlling the call and the port.  If you configure
forwarding on them then the CTI app will become confused as the
CallManager process has taken over the call.

Many 3rd party voicemail systems use TAPi to integrate with CallManager
and will register their own CTI RP and CTI Ports and will accept the
calls.  Otherwise you will probably need to use a GW with analog or PRI
interface to the voicemail system.

What voicemail systems are you using?

What protocol(s) does your voicemail system use to integrate with CCM?

Kevin