[cisco-voip] CRA and CTI Port Groups

Paul Yago pyago at adomo.com
Mon Jul 18 20:11:16 EDT 2005

Hello,

Using CRA, I'm trying to create a pilot point (JTAPI Trigger) which
distributes inbound calls to various 3rd party Voice Mail Servers (VMs).

I created a JTAPI trigger (3100) that will access the members of a CTI
Port Group which contains 2 CTI ports (3001 and 3002). And with those
CTI ports, I'm using "Forward All" to access the VMs. The problem I'm
having is that when one of the VMs is full (CTI Route Point triggers the
busy) the busy state is not being transferred back to the JTAPI trigger
in time, and it seems that a blind transfer is being made. So when one
VM is full, I get a busy signal, rather than it passing the call on to
the 2nd VM.

How are the CTI ports intended to be used? Should one use them only to
forward to another extension, or is there something else?

I'm not using scripting capability yes. Is it possible to do this
without running an application and a script?

Thanks,
Paul