[cisco-voip] overhead paging system integration

pnowicki at neo.rr.com pnowicki at neo.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 18:19:04 EDT 2005

Hi Mark,
I'm familiar with both paging and the Siemens PBX's. What ever the
Siemens had before, you should be able to do with either an FXS port or
an FXO port. If you must use an FXS port, I have successfully used ATA's
and FXS ports with a Valcom 9940 integrated into a trunk level interface
into paging equipment. Now, the question is, what did the Siemens system
plug into as far as the paging system goes. There must have been some
sort-of page adapter. The Siemens doesn't have anything else to
integrate with except for FXO/FXS type interface. So, if you can find
the model of page adapter that they were using, you should be able to
tell whether it was trunk level or station level paging out of the
Siemens. If it was station level, you should be able to cross connect
your FXS station into the same port the Siemens was connected to (there
are some other modification to remove the tones when the remote caller
hangs up. I have the settings for ATA's if you need it). If the page
adapter was a trunk level, as long as it isn't multi-zone or anything
crazy, you should just be able to replace that with the V-9940. If it
was multi-zone, I have had to front end the old page adapter with a
V-9940 and had it work....

Anyway, I'm rambling.. Let me know if this helps and please let me know
if you have any more questions..

Patrick