[cisco-voip] overhead paging system integration

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jul 26 19:21:46 EDT 2005

Mark, we had a similar set up. We had an old ROLM 9000 and used a 'trunk' port and connected it directly to the amplifier. The trunk port controlled call supervision so it would always hang up.

We installed Bogen TAM-B units and used a VG248 port and things worked great. No problems whatsoever. If I'm not mistaken we didn't even change the wires into the amplifier we just punched down right to the same BIX pair. The Bogens are cheaper than the Valcoms and don't need any power. They don't have all the bells and whistles the Valcoms have but we wanted simple.

http://www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/telephonepagepdfs/TAMBs.pdf

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.                                  lelio at uoguelph.ca.eh
Network Analyst (CCS)
University of Guelph                             FAX:(519) 767-1060 JNHN
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1                          TEL:(519) 824-4120 x56354
mob lawyer: your people insulted my brother.
dr. house: what? romano in the parmesan cheese shaker again?