[cisco-voip] Re: overhead paging system integration with ( VIC-2E/M)

Michael L. Windon michael.windon at us.army.mil
Wed Jul 27 08:22:48 EDT 2005

Also take a look,

If your overhead system uses E&M signaling you should uses an E&M port
instead of FXS. I know there maybe people here that has gotten there systems
up using a port adapter, but that's because it presents a fxs connection to
the call manager and signals E&M to the overhead system. With an E&M port
you won't need any adapters. Also I would place the intercom DN  on a
intercom partition and place the partition on a CSS that can't be access by
outside resources or you will have prank calls coming into your overhead
system ;-) I have included a link with examples. Good luck!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_examp
le09186a008015094e.shtml

Sincerely,

Michael L. Windon

"It is possible to store the mind with a million facts and still be entirely
uneducated. "
-Alec Bourne