[cisco-voip] CCM behavior on downed VM ports

Simon, Bill BillS at tns.its.psu.edu
Thu Jul 28 09:08:05 EDT 2005

Two unrelated questions:

1.  Is there a way to modify the behavior of call-forwarding to voicemail
when the voicemail ports are unregistered?  For example, this morning I was
performing some maintenance on Unity and during that time, the VM ports were
unregistered.  Callers forwarded to voicemail on no-answer were greeted with
a reorder tone.  I'd rather that, if the VM ports are unregistered, no
attempt is made to forward them there -- just let it continue ringing the
phone.  Possible?

2.  Roughly 3 out of 4 times that we do maintenance on Unity requiring a
reboot, once the system comes back up, there is some problem with
message-waiting indicators being out of sync.  This morning as I tested a
mailbox I noticed the problem again.  The only way we've been able to clear
this issue is by going into the telephony integration manager and forcing a
MWI resync.  However, this takes an unbearably long time with our system of
about 5000 subscribers.  Has anyone else experienced these sorts of MWI
issues?  Is there any way to make the resync go faster?  (Currently I just
enable as many ports as possible to do MWI Dialout but the process still
takes upward of 1.5 hours -- during which time no MWIs are issued on new
messages or turned off when messages are checked, and subscribers call in to
report trouble)

Thanks
Bill