[cisco-voip] CCM - ad hoc conference

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Jun 10 11:25:42 EDT 2005

If you are using software resources - you'll have to find out what the max of a server is - they suggest not using a publisher or subscriber for that.

If you are using hardware resources, I opened a case about this. The 'official' stance is max 6 participants for a 6608 and 3.3.X and 16 for a 6608 and 4.1.X. However, when I contacted the TAC they said you could put as many as you want up to 32.

>From Cisco CallManager System Guide, Release 4.1(3) - Cisco DSP Resources for Transcoding, Conferencing, and MTP
  a.. For a G.711 or G.723 conference-32 conferencing participants per physical port; maximum conference size of 16 participants
  b.. For a G.729 conference-24 conferencing participants per physical port; maximum conference size of 16 participants

>From Cisco CallManager System Guide, Release 3.3(4) Cisco Catalyst DSP Resources for Transcoding and Conferencing

      Cisco Catalyst Voice Modules  PSTN Gateway Sessions  Conferencing Sessions  MTP Transcoding Sessions
      Catalyst 4000 WS-X4604-GWY
     G.711 only

      .96 calls
     G.711 only

      .24 conference participants

      .Maximum of 4 conferences of 6 participants each
     To G.711

      .16 MTP transcoding sessions

      Catalyst 6000 WS-6608-T1 or WS-6608-E1
     WS-6608-T1

      .24 calls per physical DS1 port

      .192calls per module

      WS-6608-E1

      .30 calls per physical DS1 port

      .240calls per module
     G.711 or G.723

      .32 conferencing participants per physical port

      .Maximum conference size of 6 participants

      G.729

      .24 conferencing participants per physical port

      .Maximum conference size of 6 participants
     The following capacities also apply to simultaneous transcoding and conferencing:

      G.723 to G.711

      .32 MTP transcoding sessions per physical port

      .248sessions per module

      G.729 to G.711

      .24 MTP transcoding sessions per physical port

      .192sessions per module