[cisco-voip] QoS for VOIP.

Rich Dobry rdobry at tsginc.biz
Mon Jun 20 10:15:41 EDT 2005

Karim,

I don't know your setup, but if you are using the Call Manager, CAC is
setup in the CM.  You give it locations for each device and the
bandwidth between locations reserved for phone calls.

Depending on your coded per call, it will deduct the BW (25k for g.729
and 80k for G.711 - as far as I know, even if you are using cRTP, which
will lower the actual BW, it still decrements the 25/80k) and once it is
out of available BW, the call gets rejected.

Rich

The Signature Group

An Employee Owned Company

Rich Dobry