[cisco-voip] OT: New Cisco Logo

Robert Singleton rsingleton at novateck.com
Tue Oct 3 10:51:52 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 22:54 -0500, Tech Guy wrote:
> I see Cisco finally launched there new logo on the website.  Maybe
> thats why the site has been sucking lately, lots of a changes I guess.
>
> I must say, I don't like the new logo that much.  Too kiddish, looks
> like something my 4 year old would have drawn on the concrete in
> chalk.

I kinda like the new logo, though personally I don't think it's
necessary to change the logo.

On the other hand, I see either of two methods by which it was chosen:

1. Somebody fairly high in the organization , "Use this one."

2. "After 18 meetings of the logo design committee, it was decided that
the letters should be red. It only took 9 more meetings to choose which
shade of red. Next week, we begin looking at typefaces...."

I am curious if the almost universal teal color on equipment will begin
to diversify again. Primary colors come to mind...  with duckies and
bunnies...