[cisco-voip] Cleaning up CallManager

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:27:34 EDT 2006

Anyone have any good tips or pointers for cleaning up a CallManager
install?  Let me elaborate.  Just started working for present employer about
3 months ago.  One of the primary responsibilites is CallManager.  This past
weekend I upgraded it from 3.3(5) to 4.1(3) in preparation to also setup two
IPCC servers that have been sitting in boxes here like a year.

One thing I have noticed is that it seems CallManager is setup a bit more
complicated here then it really needs to be.  I am also finding alot of
things that simply aren't being used.  For instance partitions, if a
partition has no dependencies then am I wrong to assume it is not used and
save to remove?

I don't know how consultants do this sort of stuff, what a pain it is to
have to come into pre-existing installations and try to make sense of
everything and clean things up.

Ah well any tips or advice let me have it, anything has to be more helpful
then me slowly clicking away in here try to follow things and see whats
what.