[cisco-voip] Inexpensive paging solution

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:57:51 EDT 2006

You can order berbee directly from the cisco price list, part numbers are
SP-BERBEE-50=, 250=, and 1000= depending on the number of phones - whoever
you buy cisco from can probably get you a quote. The 250 license package
looks like its US$9000 list, which is cheaper than 4 of the 50 phone
licenses. I'm not sure if Berbee will integrate with existing overhead
paging systems, I know they offer their own IP Speakers. They were very
helpful when I was evaluating paging solutions for my school, although we
ultimately chose to go with another vendor to get some additional features.
I can pass along some contact info for a guy at berbee if you're interested
Carlos.

On 10/2/06, Ortiz, Carlos <CORTIZ at broward.org> wrote:

>  I know this has been asked before but just curious if anyone has looked
> into this lately.  Can anyone suggest a cheap paging solution for Cisco IP
> phones and what the price would roughly be for 200 phones? I need something
> that will also integrate with a warehouse setup for overhead paging.  I know
> a lot of vendors offer an appliance with paging built in but in this case I
> am looking for a paging only app that can be installed on an in house server
> (if possible).  Is this the case for Berbee?
>

> Carlos

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations