[cisco-voip] Making phone changes through SQL ?

Matt Slaga (US) Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com
Wed Oct 4 09:50:36 EDT 2006

You need to read up on AXL.  While you could directly edit the SQL
database, and perhaps for this one field it would not be an issue but if
you inadvertently remove the wrong field you could render your system
inoperable, and I don't think TAC will be excited about helping you fix
a self-inflicted bombshell like that.

You should also look into Unimax, they have a very interesting product
which is great for making changes like this.  It may be worth looking
into.

You should almost never make individual settings on phones that are
available in device pools for this exact reason.