[cisco-voip] Making phone changes through SQL ?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:08:34 EDT 2006

I COMPLETELY agree and this is why I am trying to get this fixed.  I want to
change all the phones softkey field back to "None" and let the device pool
settings take affect.

They are all set to "Standard User" within each phones individual settings.
So this is taking precedence over the device pool.  And to top it off
"Standard User" softkey template is read only.

I surely don't want to have to manually change a little over a 1000 phones
so there has to be some easier way of making this happen.  And I know I am
not the first person to run into this issue so you would think someone has
something to help with it.

The problem is too often you have people doing things they don't fully
understand, and well then someone like myself comes in years later and has
to clean up the mess.  It's not a huge deal, and is easy to miss so I don't
blame anyone for the way things are but it sure makes life harder when the
day comes when large changes such as this have to happen.

Anyway, I appreciate the info from everyone, guess I will not chance making
the changes via SQL and worst case just have to edit things manually.

What are the odd's you can make a read only softkey template writable?
Maybe that would be an easier task?