[cisco-voip] VWIC-2MFT-T1 on 2821 for PSTN support

Jose Robles jose.robles at netxar.com
Wed Oct 4 16:46:56 EDT 2006

Hi. Does anyone knows for sure if this  T1 (2 port) Multi-Flex Trunk WAN daughter card VWIC is supported using the 2 T1 ports for voice to the PSTN??? I read a docuement which I'm not clear with what it says:

* Enhanced clocking capabilities--The 2-port MFT VWIC2s can enable each port to be clocked from independent clock sources for data applications. This independent clocking capability is not supported for voice applications and not supported with the AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 module.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml

I've had clocking problems with slips errors on the controllers even using the network-clock participate and select commands for example:

network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

In this scenario controller T1 0/0/0 will give me no errors but 0/0/1 will have slips for example. I can live with this errors but faxes don't.