[cisco-voip] Using wireless headsets and handset lifters...

Tim Reimers tim.reimers at asheville.k12.nc.us
Wed Oct 11 11:34:21 EDT 2006

Hi everyone--

We're having a problem that I need some guidance on:

We use the GN-9120 wireless headset system
http://www.gnnetcom.com/US/EN/MainMenu/Products/Wireless+Solutions/GN+91
20.htm
with the handset lifter
http://www.gnnetcom.com/US/EN/MainMenu/Products/Wireless+Solutions/GN+10
00+RHL.htm

CCM 4.01 and 7960 phones

What's going on is this:

It is currently necessary to program all the secretaries phones such
that the main# of the school is on the  the primary line  of the
phone,instead of their personal line.

This is because when the headset lifter picks up the handset, the first
line is the one that comes off hook-- NOT whatever line happens to be
ringing.

This means that the Messages button just goes into the Call Handler for
the school, instead of checking that receptionists' voicemail.

We'd like to set things up so that the secretaries phones could all have
their personal line on Button 1, so that the messages button works as it
does on all other phones-- goes to the person's own voicemail.

Then, the school main# would be on Button 2 or 3 --- and picking up the
handset (either manually or with the lifter) would
answer whatever line is ringing on the phone, instead of what's
happening now:

if you have a call arrive on button 3, you CANNOT just pick up the
handset-- you must pick the handsetup/hit speakerbutton/and THEN select
Answer on the function buttons under the LCD display.

I was told by one person that the answer was "AutoAnswer" drop down on
each line--
But when I've set the 'AutoAnswer' feature on individual lines, I can
only select 'headset' or 'speakerphone' (not any handset option) and the
call is automatically answered without anyone touching the phone- that's
NOT what I'm after---

I still want someone to have to intervene to answer a call--- but I want
them to be able to just pick up their handset and 'take' whatever line
is ringing.

Does that make sense, or have I confused people?