[cisco-voip] Configuring dial-on-demand MLPP for remote site?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Thu Oct 12 12:11:20 EDT 2006

Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:
> I also believe, and this is what I'm planning on, is you can use MGCP,
> failover to H323 when you loose the WAN link and then establish the
> dataconnection to keep going. Calls in progress are lost though.

Well, we have H.323 setup now running 12.4.9T inorder to get call
preservation, which works pretty well.  I don't think that we'll be
switching to MGCP / H.323 fallback precisely because we don't want to
drop calls.

I've asked our Cisco SE if using SIP trunks will give us the benefits of
caller name delivery _and_ call preservation in case of WAN failure.
He's still getting back to me.