[cisco-voip] Can BAT help me with this?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 15:22:35 EDT 2006

Recently upgraded the CM servers here to 4.1(3) from 3.3(5).  Now that they
are on 4.1(3) and can utilize the "Max Number of Calls and Busy Trigger" on
a line I can get rid of the line / partition method they used to have multi
lines.

Basically, they setup multiple partitions named "PAR_Line_1 and PAR_Line_2
and PAR_Line_3" then on each phone they setup one line as say extension 5555
in PAR_Line_1 and then next line is 5555 in PAR_Line_2 and so on.

I think this was fairly common practice before the 4.1 release right?

Anyway, now I want to do some major house cleaning and get them all down to
just one line in one partition.  Before I start fumbling through the BAT
tool I thought I would ask just to get some thoughts on it.