[cisco-voip] Can BAT help me with this?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 08:38:08 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Tech Guy <techguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically, they setup multiple partitions named "PAR_Line_1 and PAR_Line_2
> and PAR_Line_3" then on each phone they setup one line as say extension 5555
> in PAR_Line_1 and then next line is 5555 in PAR_Line_2 and so on.
>
> I think this was fairly common practice before the 4.1 release right?

We did the same thing before we moved to 4.0. We were not even halfway
through our migration when we did the upgrade - so we just started using the
new line method on new installs and migrated anyone on the old method that
wanted to as they requested it. Moving them all at once would have been a
training headache for us. They would have been after us with pitch forks and
torches if we changed something like that right after we got done switching
them out and training them on the old way.

Anyway, now I want to do some major house cleaning and get them all down to
> just one line in one partition.  Before I start fumbling through the BAT
> tool I thought I would ask just to get some thoughts on it.

I believe you can setup the options etc for line 1 with BAT.. i dont know if
you can remove the other lines from the phones or not.

--
Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer