[cisco-voip] 3825 Voice Gateway Issue

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 21:08:46 EDT 2006

On the router, during a call is active, is the IP address under 'show call active voice brief' reachable from the MGCP interface on the router that MGCP is bound to and vice versa? Does that output show tx/rx traffic counts incrementing?  With MGCP all the information may not be displayed for that command, but the IP address and tx/rx counts will be there.

Also check the phones web page during an active connected phone call, the stream page and see what IP's it is showing for the stream and verify reachibility of the path from phone to the remote device (the gateway in this case).

Also, from the config , mgcp bind commands are set for the gigabit ethernet but loopback has description on it as being MGCP interface. May not be a issue since you are troubleshooting this issue, etc and probably made changes while figuring this out but just in case you have routing/ACLs/etc set up for that and not the other interfaces, etc.

May want to do a 'debug mgcp pack' during call setup to see if setup/audio-cutover is correct and all packets are making it to gateway, etc. Are there any routing, firewalls, or QoS policies that may be effecting the call flow past this gateway? There are no drops on the QoS policies?

The 'service mgcpapp' commands are not needed on the pots dial-peers for PRI ports. In older cisco docs this was the practice but then there was a bug id on how that effected MGCP PRI backhauls and caused problems so now they say do not put that command on pots dial-peers for PRI ports. There are some conflicting docs out there on this still.

Is this the only site having this issue, other sites working fine if there are others?  What version CCM and phone firmwares?

What did you upgrade the IOS to? I see the config posted is 12.3(14)T5 but the current in that stream is 12.3(14)T7.

-- Erick