[cisco-voip] attendant console in remote SRST branch

Erik Erasmus (E) ErasmuE4 at telkom.co.za
Tue Oct 17 21:40:20 EDT 2006

Hi Kris

just to make sure - when you have a wan outage currently - do you have
no coverage for the main number at the remote site or not?

My concern is that because the attendant uses a pilot number and ac
users to cover for the main number that wehn the wan is down the pilot
number is gone and inbound calls will just not route into the site
because unless I can do something under srst to create the DN of the
main number - it will not exist really. Or am I missing something.
Where I did attendant console before at an HQ - I used as an example a
pilot of say 1000 for the main number of 431 1000 etc with ac1 user on
extension 5001 and ac2 user on 5002 as an example and then in the
huntgroup use ac1 and ac2 as members but 1000 does not appear on their
phones.

If one uses the same concept at a remote branch things will work like
you say when wan is up but when wan is down that pilot does not exist
and one also don't have that DN (the main pilot) on any phone so when
srst configures it does not know about the main number for that site
leaving us with a problem. I can live with not have the line states
etc etc while the wan is down - just need to somehow make the main
number reachable even if it is just on a single IP phone.