[cisco-voip] Attendant Console, SRST, hunt pilots

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:42:07 EDT 2006

The park numbers window works fine in AC for us using the same number in
different partitions; at least by my definition of 'work'.  If a  user parks
a call it displays in the AC park window and can be retrieved.  The user
cannot retreive calls parked by other AC users but that's a function of the
CSS on the phone.

All of our devices register to the same CTI and CCM server so maybe that's
why it works for us.

In hindsight it probably wasn't the best decision to set it up this way. We
plan on implementing a 3rd party console app at some point and the ones I
looked at will require unique park ranges at each site so I will probably
have to change it eventually.

On 10/17/06, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:

> Same numbers in different partitions will work for park/retrieval
> depending on your CSS. There are some call flows with devices registered to
> different nodes in a cluster where you will encounter problems.  For CTI
> monitoring of park numbers (Attendant Console, IVR scripting, etc) same park
> number in different partitions definitely will not work.  CTI does not
> include partition support until CM5.x and even then I have not seen any
> CTI clients coded to handle the new support.
> /Wes
>
> On Oct 17, 2006, at 9:20 PM, Kris Seraphine wrote:
>
> Strange, it sounds like you were trying to do exactly what I'm doing.  I'm
> not having any problems using the same park number range (in different
> partititions)  at each of 40 + sites.
>
> On 10/15/06, Robert Kulagowski <bob at smalltime.com> wrote:
> >
> > For anyone that's still interested, it appears that the root cause was
> > that we had configured 16[0-4] on the primary and 16[5-9] on the
> > secondary call manager for each one of our sites (but in different
> > partitions), thinking that we could make our documentation / training
> > simpler.  So every site had a "160" as their first call park number.
> >
> > That doesn't work.  When I changed our test site to 15[0-4], it started
> > working, so that gave me the clue on where to look further.  Now I have
> > to go back and re-look at how to allocate our park numbers.

> --

kris seraphine