[cisco-voip] Unity restore question

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 15:10:54 EDT 2006

We were able to pull a list of the users we needed with some ninja VBscript
programming and information from active directory.

Question though.. Alot of the processes that our sys admins use for account
management are scripted. I'd like to be able to give them something for
their scripts to check if an account has a voicemailbox before they disable
or delete it. Is it reasonable to assume that the Unity specific AD
attributes that we add for a schema extension are only populated if there is
an account for the user in Unity? Specifically i'm looking at
ciscoECSBULocationObjectId .. would there be any reason why an account would
not have that attribute and still be in Unity, or vice versa?

Thanks!