[cisco-voip] Gateway / Gatekeeper Dial Tone Qestions

Alan Su cj.alan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:36:48 EDT 2006

Dear All,

The planned topology is as below:

<PSTN>----PBXA----GatewayA----Gatekeeper ----<IP
Network>-----GatewayB------PBXB-----<PSTN>

PhoneA
PhoneB

now I would like gatekeepr to perform the whole call routing control, for
example: when PhoneA dial a number (even the POTS number), the call will go
to GatewayA and provide the dial tone to phoneA, and then GatewayA query
Gatekeeper for call routing decision, if Gatekeeper decide the number
belongs to local PSTN, it will direct the call back to GatewayA; and if
Gatekeeper decide the number belongs to remote PSTN, it will direct the call
to GatewayB.

I'm not sure if this design will be working, but I'm wondering if Gateway
can provide the dial tone to PBX connected phone. Does anyone have clue
about it? Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards,
Alan