[cisco-voip] JTAPI Call Control Group Configuration - IPCCExpress

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Thu Oct 19 21:17:52 EDT 2006

Do you have High Availability?

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Tech Guy
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:23 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] JTAPI Call Control Group Configuration -
IPCCExpress

Well I got another one for you all.  So I created my JTAPI call control
group.  For number of CTI ports I used "20",  starting directory number
"2600" and the device name prefix "CTIP".

It created the group and then displayed the list of CTI ports created.
The question is why did it create 40 ports when I told it 20?

My list of CTI Ports displayed are as follows:

CTIP_2600,CTIP_2601,CTIP_2602,CTIP_2603,CTIP_2604,
CTIP_2605,CTIP_2606,CTIP_2607,CTIP_2608,CTIP_2609,
CTIP_2610,CTIP_2611,CTIP_2612,CTIP_2613,CTIP_2614,
CTIP_2615,CTIP_2616,CTIP_2617,CTIP_2618,CTIP_2619,
CTIP_2620,CTIP_2621,CTIP_2622,CTIP_2623,CTIP_2624,
CTIP_2625,CTIP_2626,CTIP_2627,CTIP_2628,CTIP_2629,
CTIP_2630,CTIP_2631,CTIP_2632,CTIP_2633,CTIP_2634,
CTIP_2635,CTIP_2636,CTIP_2637,CTIP_2638,CTIP_2639,

I just don't get it?  Am I just not understanding something or did it
simply not work correctly?

I must admit I also thought this was creating route points in
callmanager, I guess I just thought "cti route ports and cti route
points" were the same for some reason.

Guess I am still not sure how Callmanager knows to send an extension
IPCC but I am sure I will come to that soon enough.

Any thoughts on why 40 ports got created despite the number of CTI ports
being set to 20?

Thanks!