[cisco-voip] DTMF failing

Hinson, Greg Greg_Hinson at adp.com
Sat Oct 21 20:05:08 EDT 2006

I have a CallManager Express router with registered IP phones, that
utilize a SIP trunk through my ISP for PSTN service. DTMF-relay fails
from IP phone to PSTN endpoint. My SIP trunk provider tells me that I
need to send my dtmf digits in-band, using RFC2833. According to the
docs, I can force this at my voip dial-peers with "dtmf-relay rtp-nte"
statement applied, but yet I am still having the problem. Whether the
call is:
1) originating from the CME router, or
2) from an Enterprise 4.1.3(SR2) CallManager - SIP trunked to my CME
router, to a second SIP trunk for the PSTN.

Any ideas on why DTMF is failing?

-Greg