[cisco-voip] DTMF failing

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Sun Oct 22 11:31:33 EDT 2006

Greg,

"inband" is not necessarily rfc2883.  We have seen several carriers
requesting DTMF truly 'inband' in the audio stream - meaning the tone
is directly in the audio stream.  I have not seen a way to allow this
with a CCM/CME integration yet - the carrier needs to switch to truly
using rfc2833.  For rfc2833, notification of the DTMF event is sent
in the RTP stream, but it is sent as an RTP packet with different
payload type indicating it is a DTMF event.

Recommend you confirm with carrier that they are configured for 2833
and not inband.

/Wes