[cisco-voip] Automatically Place 400 Calls in an Emergency?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:25:15 EDT 2006

Maybe one of the various zone paging apps could be configured for this..
seems like if you want to hit 400 phones at once with a message then some
sort of multicast paging solution might be a good way to start looking.
IPCelerate I think has a 911 feature along with paging in their product..
might be a way to have CER call in and trigger it as a 911 alert if you are
running that application.

Or write your own multicast app for it.. haven't done that myself but there
are plenty that have.

On 10/24/06, Keith Klevenski <keith.klevenski at rig.net> wrote:

>  This is an odd request, but here it is…
>

> The scenario is if there is an emergency (oil & gas industry) the customer
> would like to trigger the system to be able to call 400 numbers
> consecutively and when the caller picks up a recording plays that says 'this
> is not a drill blah blah blah'.  I have no clue on how this would be
> accomplished and I'm guessing CCM or Unity would not be able to handle this.
>

> Any suggestions welcome.  ;)
>

> Keith

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations