[cisco-voip] IPCCX 3.5(3) to 4.0(4) Upgrade

Martin Lohnert lohnert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 06:55:25 EDT 2006

Hi Matt,
I've gone through something very similar, and because of downtime,
decided to do a new install.
We were adding a 2nd IPCC server for HA, so I used that one to install
a new IPCC 4.0.4, integrate with directory, and CCM with a new range
of CTI ports. I then set up CTI route points for testing the migrated
apps.
All of this just because my biggest concern was script conversion, as
ours are quite long and complex. I did the automatic conversion in a
lab, and even though the scripts did work afterwards, they became
cluttered with extra (and unnecessary) steps, so I decided to clean
them up manually.
Kept running this IPCC4 for some time and had the apps thouroughly
tested, and once there were no issues, changed the production CTI
route points to associate with the new server. At this point you have
to reinstall desktops, and can start rebuilding the original server
for IPCC4.
Hope this makes sense ;)
Cheers,
Loni