[cisco-voip] IPCCX 3.5(3) to 4.0(4) Upgrade

Matthew Melbourne matt at melbourne.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 14:52:47 EDT 2006

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences of upgrading IPCC Express from
3.5(3) to 4.0(4) and introducing high availability (we currently have a
cold standby server). The jury seems to be out over the best migration
strategy, i.e. an upgrade versus a new installation. With a new
installation we would lose the historical reports, but this isn't a
show-stopper. We have a small time window to upgrade IPCCX and visit all
the desktops split over several sites to upgrade CAD/CSD/HR.

An upgrade would, hopefully, retain all CRS configuration and reporting
data, but I'm unsure whether it's possible to rollback to IPCCX 3.5 when
the changes to the cluster have been made in DC Directory.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matthew Melbourne