[cisco-voip] IPCCX 3.5(3) to 4.0(4) Upgrade

Martin Lohnert lohnert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 03:33:47 EDT 2006

Hi,
see commens inline:

> This is exactly my thinking too. However, I wasn't sure what would happen
> to agents; i.e. whether they can be active on the IPCCX 4.0(4) box and the
> IPCCX 3.5 box at the same time. Premably they can be, and the IPCC 3.5
> server doesn't know any difference? Did you create a new cluster?
There's no way I know of how to run Agent Desktop from both versions
on the same PC. So you will need to leave agents logged into your ipcc
3.5, but they will show up as resources under ipcc4 and you can do
your config work there.
We did create a new cluster in the directory to make sure we have a
clear fall-back path and not mess-up anything in ipcc3.5 as it was
still running in production.

> We have a cold standby server from the IPCCX 3.5 installation (with a
> number of spare disks), so this could be rebuilt as IPCCX 4.0(4) and the
> old 3.5 server rebuilt as the IPCCX 4.0(4) standby server.
Yup, that's OK, the only issue is if the servers have different size
hdd's (one of ours was newer model MCS) you should install that
smaller one first.

> We have IPCCX Premium. Did you have any issues with licensing, as I
> understand, in Premium with version 4, the number of IVR ports is equal to
> twice the number of seats, rather than a number of IVR ports.
We had all kinds of licensing issues, but mostly because we had to
upgrade to Premium, since Enhanced in 4.0 is not feature comparable to
Enhanced 3.5... :(

> Does the standby server require its own set of CTI ports, do these get
> created and assigned automatically when the standby server is introduced
> into the cluster? There seems to be little documentation around this issue.
The standby needs the same number of CTI ports as the master, and it
creates and register them during installation (server setup)

Have fun and good luck,
Loni