[cisco-voip] Remote 7961 Phone at Someone's House - Notes for Setup!

Fedorov, Konstantin kfedor at amt.ru
Fri Oct 27 06:06:18 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Very interesting tread, I suppose that everyone or at least a lot of us
faced with this task.  And how wrote Tech Guy - QoS - the main problem.

But  what about Skype Enterprise solution ?? Skype provide a good voice
quality over public internet, agnostic to NAT. Seems a good solution for

In house workers, traveling person and so on.

Note: I am not implement it and actually donn't know anybody how use it
So it is very interesting to know what do you think about it ??

After some searches in the internet its seems that technically this is
possible , but yes have pros and cons.

Architecture:

At the main side we can use some kind of Skype GW's
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Skype+Gateways

FXO/FXS/PRI

At the customer we can use Skype ATA
http://www.voipphonedepot.com/au600/