[cisco-voip] CM and Unity upgrade questions

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Oct 27 09:07:27 EDT 2006

Speaking for the CM memory question all of 4.x requires the same
amount of memory.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/
prod_bulletin0900aecd80284099.html

Upgrading CM, especially from 4.1(2) to 4.1(3) will be a relatively
painless process.  Just make sure you have a good BARS backup of your
publisher before proceeding (as is always the case with any upgrade).

For the CM OS 2000.4.3a and 2000.4.2 appear to be getting updated at
the same time but unless there are servers supported on 4.2 and not
on 4.3a I'm not quite sure why honestly.  Maybe Wes could speak to
that.    Usually the reason for a new OS version is because of new
servers that require the updated platform configuration disk.

-Ryan