[cisco-voip] Callmanager upgrade 4.1 >>> 5.1

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:16:45 EDT 2007

hi Ahmed,

When you upgrade, callmanager will generate a temporary license for all the
devices you have configured from 4.1. If I understand correctly, you just
have to send that off to cisco's licensing group and have it converted to a
real 5.2 license with the appropriate number of DLUs. If its anything like
Unity licensing, the turn-around is pretty quick. I'm assuming you need a
SASU agreement for callmanager for them to do it.

We are getting ready to do the same process here this summer with our 4.1system.

Hope that helps.

Ed

On 5/2/07, Ahmed Elnagar <aelnagar at act-eg.com> wrote:

>  Hello all;
>
> A customer wants to upgrade from CM 4.1 to 5.1, what I am worried about is
> the licsences issue. How will I get the DLUs for callmanager 5.1 we have a
> lic. with each phone but how we will get the DLUs??
>
>  Thanks and Best Regards
> *
> Ahmed A. Elnagar
> *Network Field Engineer
>
> Advanced Computer Technology (ACT)
> 16 Fawzy Ramah St.Off Shehab St.Mohandessin, Giza, Egypt
> Postal Code:12411 Cairo Egypt
>
> *Mob**:* +2010-2833868
> *Website**: *www.act-eg.com
> *E-mail**: *aelnagar at act-eg.com

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations