[cisco-voip] CISCO VOIP and Video Conferencing System sought.

Garry Mukelabai gmukelabai at CAZ.GOV.ZM
Thu May 3 10:06:56 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Greetings.

I am new to this forum just joined today.

I have been reading with great interest the advancements in CISCO IP
telephony and Video Conferencing system. At the Communications Authority
of Zambia, the telecoms regulatory authority for the country we wish to
deploy such a system.

As a qualified CCNA, I have had a glimpse of experience in IP telephony
where I worked as an assistant to a CISCO engineer who installed an IP
telephone system based on the CISCO 3845 Router, 7912 IP Phones and Call
Manager Express at a quasi-government institution somewhere in 2005 (I
was working for a CISCO partner Company at the time). This system
terminated in the local PSTN.

Our organisation is made up of the following three sites:

1.	HQ 50 users
2.	Site office (20 users) 4 kilometres away connected by a
point-to-point wireless bridge
3.	Regional Office (10 users) 330 kilometres away soon to be
connected by routing through ISP using E1 microwave.

Our object is to enable the whole organisation communicate seamlessly on
voice, video and data. Using all features such as meetings via video
conferencing.

Initially I would therefore like to get as much understanding abut the
systems as I can and be in touch (as I am) with people in the field that
are knowledgeable on this subject especially considering that the
expected investment is huge.

I already have an approved budget for the above and need to start on the
ground-work as this was scheduled for the first quarter of this
financial year (April 2007 - June 2007)

Cheers.

Garry Mukelabai

Manager Information Systems