[cisco-voip] Forwarding a call to a home phone but _with_ Unity VM if it's not answered

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri May 4 12:16:21 EDT 2007

So I have a number of users that have phones at home.  We'd like to
setup their DIDs so that an incoming call gets sent to their home phone.
  If they don't answer their phone at home, it should end up in Unity.

Right now it's kind of a kluge, and doesn't do what the users want.

DID is setup to CFA to VM.
Their VM account is set to a blank greeting, and after the greeting the
call gets sent to a Call Handler.  _That_ call handler is owned by the
user, and has their personal message on it.  The call handler has a Call
Transfer back to CallManager to a dummy number that's on a CTI port.
The dummy number is CFA to the user's home number.

The transfer on the call handler is set as supervised, 5 rings.

So, all that, and here's what happens:
Incoming call goes to Unity, Unity sends it to the handler, handler
makes the call out.  This part is all OK.  The issue is the supervised
transfer.  The caller doesn't hear any call progress notification, and
if I turn off the "Wait while I transfer your call", then it may be 15
seconds of silence before it comes back to Unity and you hear the
personal greeting.

If I release to switch, the call never comes back to Unity.

I tried setting up an audio source using a wav file of the standard call
progress "ring", but it doesn't seem like the call is really on hold, so
the caller still gets silence.

Unity 4.2(1), CM 4.1.3sr2