[cisco-voip] SmartNet or Not

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:49:15 EDT 2007

Hi Todd,

We do not carry smartnet on phones. out of several thousand, we've had maybe
3 go bad - I am thinking about sending them off to a repair outfit to see if
its worth it. We do cover everything else on the voice side with smartnet.

I'm not 100% sure how our network ops folks cover stuff, I know they do not
cover all of their catalyst access layer switches but instead just use the
warranty for a replacement if one goes bad. they have spares of everything
they use so they can replace something immediately while Cisco sends a new
switch. I think they do cover switches that are running enhanced IOS code.

--
Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer