[cisco-voip] Networ Locale Installer 4.2.1.3000

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon May 7 10:18:47 EDT 2007

Reto Gassmann wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I try to update my network locals on a CCM 4.2(3). However, if I want to apply
> the file cm-locale-combined_network-4.2.1.3000.exe I get an error message that
> the AutoRegister Phone Prompts are not in the package and the installation
> fails.
>
> I choose Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland to install.

I had exactly the same problem, opened a TAC case (605506783).
Basically, the TAC guy refused to understand that the .exe was finding
TAPS on the system, automatically adding TAPS, and then failing because
the TAPS prompts weren't actually in the .exe.

You can even do a custom install, select only one region, then click
Next.  It automatically adds TAPS prompts!  And TAPS prompts aren't even
an option in the list of regions that you can select, so you can't
de-select them.

Eventually, I gave up trying to convince the TAC engineer and had him
close the case.  Maybe you'll have better luck.