[cisco-voip] FAX relay vs. FAX passthrough

Paul Choi asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 10:29:16 EDT 2007

I'm soliciting for opinions on using FAX relay as
opposed to FAX passthrough.

We're using G.729 for FAX on a sizable cluster and
would like to get FAX to work using this codec. I know
that passthrough requires G.711 to work so I'd like to
hear on any opinions for anyone that has successfully
configured relay.

I'm changing the changing the protocol to Cisco FAX
under voice service voip configuration mode. I'm not
looking forward to configuring several VG248s for FAX
relay either but I'll do whatever it takes.

Paul