[cisco-voip] cisco-voip Digest, Vol 51, Issue 59

Christopher M. Bomba cbomba at s4nets.com
Wed May 9 20:04:08 EDT 2007

Try this:

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^.*\(....\)/ /\1/
!
voice translation-profile 8-to-4
 translate called 1

dial-peer voice 5 voip
 translation-profile outgoing 8-to-4
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 880887..
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 voice-class codec 1
 session target ipv4:X.X.X.X
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 no vad

Chris Bomba

-----Original Message-----
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 19:44:32 -0400
From: "Jason Aarons \(US\)" <jason.aarons at us.didata.com>
Subject: [cisco-voip] IOS strip digits from 8 to 4
To: <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>

Telco is delivering 8 digits in Malaysia, I only need 4 digits
significant.  I don't want to ask them to change from 8 digits to 4.

This is all h323 dial-peers, some DIDs go to CallManager, some DIDs go
to CVP, etc. I can't use MGCP or do a translation-pattern in CCM.

How best should I reduce the 8 digits received to 4 via IOS Gateway?

DID Range 8808-87XX

num-exp 880887.. ....

Jason Aarons

Consultant