[cisco-voip] Conference Bridge on IOS Router

Axel Wilzinski axe7961 at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 12:42:41 EDT 2007

Yes, we have a T1 PRI card.  In my original message I said we have 32 DSP's, but I was wrong, we have 64.We have a 2851 with a with a PVDM2 upgraded to 64 DSP's.   In addition to the VWIC PRI card, we have a high density 8FXS/DID module (EVM-HD-8FXS/DID) with a 6 port FXO expansion module (EM-HDA-6FXO).  The IOS version is 12.4(11)T1.  (All MGCP)When our VoIP consultant originally installed our gateway, he spent several hours trying to get the conference bridge to work and somehow determined that our configuration is not supported.  He said we had enough DSP's but they could not be used for both the bridge and the PRI's and FXS and FXO ports.  I didn't know enough about how all this works at the time to question him further.  Now that several months have passed and I have had some time to get familiar with Call Manager and other gateways that we installed without the consultant, I'm interested in researching this again.I will look at the Cisco link that was sent to me in this thread and read the documentation closer.ThanksDate: Wed, 9 May 2007 20:36:18 -0600From: nws at fredf.orgTo: axe7961 at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [cisco-voip] Conference Bridge on IOS RouterCC: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net24 of those dsp's are gonna be tied up on a t1 card.  Thats if you have one.  Need a little more info tho to really help.  The problem we ran into is the t1's ate 24  dsp channels, and since the transcoder config is usually first in the ios, if there any configured theres no room left for the conferencing....   If you don't have a T1 card in there, then you got plenty of resources.  What kind of issue are you having?   Do you have the SCCP config setup?   well frist I should ask what kind of IOS device is this, an what has the PVDMS in it.  IS it onboard like an ISR router or off board in an nm-hdv slot.   There are several configs to address it, just depends on what equipment you have.