[cisco-voip] Changing 4.1(3) hostname article on CCO?

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Thu May 10 14:26:30 EDT 2007

I haven't tested this but I think it might work.

The link below indicates that changing the hostname as part of the DMA
upgrade process from CM 4.x to CM 5.x is supported.  If you don't want
to read the link, here is the important sentence.

"This feature allows you to import your 4.x data to a 5.1(1) server
without having to preserve the IP Address or Host Name. The IP Address
and/or Host name of the 5.1(1) server can differ from the 4.x
servername."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_upgrade_guides09186a0080792e84.html#wp46919

You would then use TFTP settings to control which callmanager phones
registered with.

I'd open a TAC case to have them confirm this but this seems like a sane idea.

Justin