[cisco-voip] Migrating from G.729 Unity back to G.711

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon May 14 11:34:40 EDT 2007

Enough people are complaining about the recording quality in Unity
(which is usually actually an issue with cell phones leaving messages
for Unity subscribers) that we're contemplating going back to G.711 in
Unity.

If we set the recording format on Unity back to G.711, I'm assuming that
if bandwidth is sufficient (and we set the codec between regions to
G.711), then that's pretty much it?  It's not going to require a
reinstall or anything like that, will it?

Any other caveats?